Its pretty laid back here. We have the whole of October to decide which classes we want to go to. As we have to get 30 credits that means 5 classes. We can choose any class from any of the years and from any course. Its great to have so much freedom but also very confusing- there are literally hundreds of classes and all of them have a different teacher and are at different times.
So far I have tried Lithography, Anatomy, Clay sculpting, Wood carving, Life Drawing, Fundamental Painting, Mural Painting, Etching, Wood cuts and lino printing, Theatre Design and some broader studio based classes. Trying to fit all of these classes around each other is tricky and trying to understand the teachers is even harder.
My spanish is appaling and trying to learn it is so hard. Its difficult in classes when you cant understand a single thing the teacher says. Luckily I can follow Ben around who asks all the questions for me, and there are always a few teachers or students that can speak some english. Its wierd feeling like a complete idiot and not understanding anything but everyone is so helpful and not really bothered if i do things wrong or look at them blankly. I think they are used to Erasmus students here. But I really do wish that I knew some Spanish before I got here. Ive started evening classes at a school called InHispania, hopefully that will help.
No comments:
Post a Comment