Wood carving is so satisfying and addictive I love it. I think I will try and do it as much as I can when I go back to Camberwell.
All the things people in the class have chosen to make are all pretty similar- they are either making somthing figurative or some abstract blob. I found it pretty hard to think of anything to make to start with. I decided to make a mask after I saw some really great ones in the CaixaForum exhibition. But the more I do wood carving the more I think of ideas. I would like to work out how to make moving joints like on wooden toys.
You have to be really careful with which way you are carving in relation to the grain. I have accidentlly chiped off very important parts which have to be glued back on.
No comments:
Post a Comment